Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Recovery

It has now been 2 days since the marathon. Sunday afternoon I was pretty exhausted, but not too sore. Yesterday, I was in a bit more pain, but I think the "runner's high" caused me to ignore a lot of the pain. I had a massage. I don't think it helped that much, and it kinda hurt.
Since I had class yesterday, I had to go to campus. All of the walking (to the bus, around campus, back home, grocery store later in the day) turned out to be a bit too much for me. I wish I would have been able to take it easier yesterday, but sometimes you can't control those things. Today, though, I'm taking as a rest day. My quads are still really sore, so I think a rest day will be very beneficial. I'm working from home, and I'm avoiding stairs completely.
It was great to wear my finisher's shirt and medal all day yesterday, no matter how cheesy it may have looked. I saw others with shirts and medals, and it was great when we could say things like "Mile 22, that was a killer" or "Stairs are rough today" and totally understand each other.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails