Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Do You Do Du Too?

(I really get a kick out of the title.  Ask Katie if you don't believe me)

So, coming up this weekend is something completely different.  Katie and I will be du-ing a duathlon.  What's a duathlon?  Well, try this on for size:

triathlon - swimming + more running = duathlon

Yup, it's a triathlon where the swimming leg is replaced by a running leg.  The race we're du-ing this Saturday is the Cannon Falls Duathlon in Cannon Falls, MN.  It is a 2 mile run, then a 14 mile bike, then a 3 mile run.

Of course, you may be asking: "But Matt, do you bike competitively?"  The short answer is "no".  The longer answer is "not yet".  This isn't a problem, though, because this weekend is the world debut of team:

Wait, This Isn't Badminton?


Yes, Katie and I will be du-ing this duathlon as a team!  I get to run and she gets to cycle (on her fancy new cycle—wouldn't if be cool if Katie had a new penny-farthing?).  I'm excited.  Katie's excited.  Since there aren't a whole lot of teams, we may even have a shot at placing!  Check out my blog this weekend for the skinny on how things went.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails