Monday, January 10, 2011

Freeze Your Thorns Off 5k




I write this in the midst of a whirlwind trip from Minnesota to Michigan to Ohio to Michigan to Ohio to Michigan to Minnesota.  Katie and I were planning on heading down to Ohio on Saturday, so if I wanted to do the Freeze Your Thorns Off Virtual 5k, it was going to be early.  Really early.  Much too early for being on holiday.
But I did it anyway.  Up at 5:30am and out the door by 6am, I was off.  I didn’t do a warm up (oops), and there was a ½ inch of snow on the ground, so my Yaktrax went with me in the 15°F darkness.
The distance was 5k-ish.  I mapped it out before leaving, turned around at a bridge over a drainage ditch creek, and headed back.  Time: 23’55”.  Not stellar, but I wasn’t trying for a PR, so I’m pretty pleased with it.
Thanks to The Boring Runner for organizing this--it virtually felt like I was running with all kinds of people!

3 comments:

shannon said...

Nice job on the virtual race!

Johann said...

That is cold but perfect weather for this race. Well done!

The Boring Runner said...

Sorry that I am just getting to commenting...

Nice work!! I think you won the Yaktrax award. Feel free to swing by my house to pick up your virtual prize. Virtually nothing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails