Friday, May 28, 2010

Upcoming Race — Brian Kraft Memorial 5k

Well, I was out of town for a few days.  Katie and I went to a wedding in Ohio, then spent a few days with my folks up in Detroit.  While in Detroit, we had a chance to run on a beautiful (but hot!) day along Lake St. Clair.  I just love running along the lake.  Unfortunately, though, that run was the only one I was able to get in over the trip.

I'm nearing the beginning of marathon training (starts Monday*).  So, to end with a flourish, I'm going to do a 5k.  I probably should do a 10k, but there aren't any nearby that I can find.  So, I'll be doing the Brian Kraft Memorial 5k at Lake Nokomis on Monday.  Even though I've gotten faster this spring, this race is crazy.  For example, in the Run the Valley 5k I did in April, I finished in the top 20% with a time of 22:59. If I extrapolate my most recent race (the 3 mile run at the Falls Du), I should be able to put in a sub-22 5k.  Sounds good, right?  Well, if I compare with last year's times for the Kraft 5k, that would put me in the bottom half!  So, this is a crazy fast race with crazy fast runners.  The course is flat as a board, so I might pull off a faster time, but I'm not going to run sub-20 or anything.

Still, I'm looking forward to a fast field to pull me along.  I'll let you know how the race goes on Monday.

*Even though training starts Monday, I still have no idea which training plan I'm doing.  I'm down to either Higdon's Intermediate 2 or his Advanced 1 plan.  I better choose soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amiable brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.

Related Posts with Thumbnails