Monday, March 22, 2010

The Week in Reverse: Week 3

3 weeks done already?  You betcha.  Highlight from week 3: a karate kicking/jumping/punching dude.

Sunday, March 21: 6 miles, 55 min.  My first run in the median!  I've missed the Summit median so much.  It was cold enough so that it wasn't muddy.  I also managed to run perfectly even splits: 27:30 out, 27:30 back.  Crazy!

Saturday, March 20: 35 minute Tempo Run.  The good news is that I still have the ability to push myself on runs, and boy, did I ever.  This was one tough run.  I enjoyed it though—well, except that I forgot to check the wind, and ended up running into it on the way back.  I also got to see how high the Mississippi River water level was.

Friday, March 19: Rest.

Thursday, March 18: 3 miles + strength training.  I discovered that the treadmills on the outside of the cardio center do not need to be signed out, so the time is unlimited.  Therefore I can do a proper warm up and cool down and still get the full 3 miles in.

Wednesday, March 17: 4 x Hill.  I switched hills.  Instead of the Marshall Ave. hill, I did the featured hill from the marathon course, which goes along the river parkway up to Summit.  It's not quite as steep as Marshall, but still plenty challenging.  There was a woman who was also doing hill repeats on the same hill, but she wasn't very friendly.

Tuesday, March 16: 4 miles.  Uneventful 4 mile run.

Monday, March 15: 3 miles + strength training.  I had two conference papers due this day.  I emailed them off to my advisor, and got ready to head to the Rec.  Then my advisor called.  We had to fix something.  I fixed it, sent him the paper again, and got ready to head to the Rec.  Then my advisor called.  Repeat this process 3 more times.  Finally, around 3pm, I made it to the Rec.  It was a little busy (but not too bad because it was Spring Break).  After I finished up, I turned around to get a rag to wipe the machine off, and right in front of me was karate kicking/jumping/punching man!  It is almost impossible to describe what he was doing, but try and combine karate with tae bo and Sweatin' to the Oldies in your mind, and you won't be too far off.  He was completely serious about what he was doing, and I had to follow him all the way down the hallway, because if I tried to go around, I would certainly have been punched in the face by one of his flailing appendages.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails