Sunday, March 28, 2010

More Charts! (and Week 4 in Reverse)

If you remember, previously I went all geeky and provided a chart of my mile times for the marathon.  Well, in doing so, I noticed something.  Here is the elevation chart for the marathon course:


Taking my pace chart, and using my Excel photo editing skills, we get this:




Here, I've overlaid the elevation chart onto the pace chart, and then adjusted the scale a bit.  What you'll notice is that my pace follows the elevation changes pretty closely.  Places where the elevation is constant, my pace is constant; when the elevation drops, my pace drops.  Nothing too unexpected, but it's cool to examine.

As for what I did this week, placing the shifter in 'R', here we go:

Sunday, March 28: 7 miles LSD, 1:03:22.  This was a fantastic run.  I came up with a route that included both the river and Summit, and the river portion was a large chunk of the marathon course.  In fact, it was the part of the course where the wheels came off.  This run, though, was much better.  Here's the route:

Saturday, March 27: 35 min Fartlek.  I felt myself dragging a bit on this run, but nothing special happened.

Friday, March 26: Rest.

Thursday, March 25:  Cycling, strength training, and 4x400 intervals.  Here was a pretty eventful day. I went into the Rec bright and early, and decided to do a bit of cross-training.  I cycled for about 25 minutes.  I thought I was putting some good effort in, but when I got off the bike, it felt like I hadn't done anything.  Disappointed, I did my strength training and called it a day.  A little later in the day, I found out that some local runners were going to do some intervals at the St. Thomas track.  I've been trying to find a reliable track, and apparently St. Thomas is just the place.  I did 4x400 at a pretty moderate pace, and it felt good.  You can read more about it on Steve's blog, here.

Wednesday, March 24: 4 x Hill.  Another tough hill workout.  Managed to improve my repeat times on each go.

Tuesday, March 23: 3 miles, 27 min.

Monday, March 22: 3 treadmill miles + strength training.  I had a great pace going on this one, and it made the treadmill workout not so bad.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails