Friday, March 11, 2011

"I Just Felt Like Running" Virtual 5k

I finally did this.  I had planned on doing it on the specified date, but coming down with the flu didn't help with those plans.  Fortunately, Detroit Runner gave everyone some wiggle room on doing the 5k, and I did it yesterday evening.

And of course since it was a Thursday evening, I did my virtual 5k at the Dome!


I wasn't ready to actual race this 5k, so I did it as an aerobic training run.  David joined me after 3 laps, and we chatted for the rest of the 5k.  Since 5k at the Dome means 7.5 laps, I added a half-lap as a cool down.  Here were my lap splits:

3'14"
3'10"
3'09"
3'47" (it's a good thing David came at this point, because I was definitely faster than "conversational")
4'02"
3'59"
4'01"
2'00" (1/2 lap)
1'59" (1/2 lap cool down)

Total Time: 27'25"

I really like the concept of virtual races, so thanks to Jeff at Detroit Runner for organizing this, and I hope everyone enjoyed their races too!

4 comments:

WhoSheIs said...

What IS the background pic on the blog? Who's the lady walking the dog?

Katie said...

haha, I took that photo last spring when he was racing a 5k. I believe you should see this post: http://mattrunsstpaul.blogspot.com/2010/04/run-valley-5k-race-report-and-week-6-in.html
I have no idea who the woman walking the dog is.

Detroit Runner(Jeff) said...

No problem. Glad you enjoyed it. Nice to have a dome to run in - sure beats the treadmill.

SteveQ said...

Good to hear you're getting over the flu. I'd say more, but all else I've got is derogatory and obscene...

Related Posts with Thumbnails