Saturday, November 06, 2010

Tesfa 5k: 1st Place Male

The Tesfa 5k is one of my favorite races because (a) it's at Fort Snelling State Park, and (b) it's small.  Well, today, it was really small.  When Katie and I arrived, there were only a few others there:

2 deer (of about 6) in this photo.  The second one is to the left of the silver car.

Yeah, there were deer.  Just deer.  No people.  Katie and I wondered if they had moved the starting line to someplace else in the park, so we went to the front office and asked.  The lady there said "they cancelled that race a long time ago."  Nevermind, of course, that it's still listed on Tesfa.org and Active.com.

Bummer.

Since we were both still in running clothes, we said "why not run it anyway?"  So we did.  And, since the competition was pretty weak, we took it easy.

Katie was the first place female.

I was the first place male.

Our time?  31'09"

4 comments:

crossn81 said...

That's strange. Did she say why it was cancelled? Great job on your first place!!

Israel Yemer said...

I was also there at Fort Snelling State Park that morning. I drove around but haven't seen any sign of the race. I was dissapointed for not being able to make it. And there was no information I could find from the tesfa.org web site.
Israel Yemer

Matt said...

Yeah, there really wasn't any indication as to why it was cancelled. The woman at the park office worked for the Park Service, so she only knew that it was cancelled, but not why.
As we ran around the park on our own, we wondered if we were the only ones who didn't get the memo, but I guess we weren't.

shannon said...

Whoo Hoo, Matt and Katie! Great way to run the 5K anyway! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails