Tuesday, November 09, 2010

I Need to Find a Race

After last weekend's wildly successful slightly disappointing "5k", I still want to get a real race in.  If that's going to happen, I need to find one for this weekend, November 13/14.  I'd do one the next weekend, but that's getting close to the Detroit Turkey Trot that I'm semi-planning on doing, so the 13/14 is my best shot.

I've found one race, the Roseville 623 Run/Walk, that fits my criteria:

  1. It exists.
  2. It's nearby.
  3. It's on November 13.
The major downside is that it's a 6.23k race.  Yes, 6.23k.  So, I'd be guaranteed a PR, but it's a less-than-standard distance, and I was hoping to find a 5k or 10k.

So, here's where I throw it out to you, the blogging world.  Do you know of any races this weekend?  Remember, it must fit these criteria:
  1. It must exist.
  2. It's in/near the Twin Cities (although if you know of a good race in Cancun, I'd certainly accept you flying me to Cancun for the race…)
  3. It's on November 13/14.
  4. It's distance in kilometers and/or miles should be evenly divisible by an integer.  (Not critical, but always nice)

3 comments:

Andrew Opala said...

5ks ARE real races.

From Runner's World:
Turkey 5K (North Mankato)
Decide Commit Succeed 5K (New Richmond, WI)
Chaska Turkey Trot (Chaska)

Katie said...

Some of these are repeats from Andrew, but yeah: http://www.runningintheusa.com/race/List.aspx?State=MN

Matt said...

Andrew—yes, 5ks are real races, but my 5k last weekend was cancelled. I ran the course anyway, but as a race, it was more imaginary than real. ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails