Friday, October 22, 2010

Official Photos from the Twin Cities Marathon

It's no secret that good race photos of me are hard to come by.  Exhibit A from the Red, White and Boom! Half Marathon:

Yup, that's me having a seizure while crossing the line

So, imagine my surprise when I check out the official photos from the Twin Cities Marathon, and most of them are actually pretty good.

Not a great shot of me, but I remember the guy in front of me.  He kept spitting, and it kept getting blown into me.  I eventually made a decisive pass to end this situation.

I like this one, and I look surprisingly good being about 0.2 miles from the finish.

I'm hurting a bit more here (maybe near Lake Street?), but still strong.

Exciting finishing photo

Ok, here's where things get crazy.  Here is this awesome photo of me giving a fist pump into the air crossing the finish line.  I love this photo so much that it's my Facebook profile photo.

And…moments later, here I am regretting that fist pump/jump in the air.  No really, that's the face of serious PAIN.

And just to prove that I can still take awful photos while displaying that yes, I am in Minnesota and thus super-pale.

4 comments:

shannon said...

Your pictures are great! Congrats on the TCM, you ran an amazing race!!

Johann said...

Great photos! You looked good all the way.

Katie said...

Re: the one that you weren't sure where it was taken -- it looks kind of like the Cathedral behind you. I think it's definitely towards the end, though, because your compression shorts are getting a mind of their own and they don't look like you have any more Gu hiding in there. Where are you not allowed to turn left? Epic photos, though.

Matt said...

Thanks, all!

And good eye, Katie! At the Cathedral it is!

Related Posts with Thumbnails