Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Days Off

It seems as though my PR-busting performance in the Twin Cities Marathon has finally caught up with me.    During a set of 400s last Tuesday, my right knee began to develop a little bit of pain on the front-inside part of the kneecap.  I'm 95% sure it's "Runner's Knee".  So, I've cut back pretty drastically on my miles since then.  I swam on Friday, and did an easy 10 mile run on Saturday.  The long run wasn't problematic, but if I went any faster than 9 min/mile, my knee would hurt.  So, bottom line, it wasn't better, I just wasn't aggravating it.

Between icing my knee and rest, I've been going crazy.  I may try an easy 4 or 5 miles tomorrow just to see how things are going.  It's rather frustrating because it's been a few weeks since the marathon, and I was doing really good building back up.  On top of that, I've developed this strange twitching phenomenon in my left bicep, and it's migrated a bit to my left quad.

But…  I know it's good to take the time off and heal up.  A few missed days of running won't destroy all my fitness, and I'd rather get this knee healed up than let it drag on for weeks and months.

So, here's to rest and recovery—may it be fruitful.

P.S.: Another Flash Run this week.  Wear a costume!  www.facebook.com/twincitiesinmotion

1 comment:

Johann said...

Take care with speed and repeats. That can really hurt you. Rest and recover well!

Related Posts with Thumbnails