Wednesday, September 08, 2010

I Should Get An Emmy For This

In my continuing coverage of the St. Croix Valley International Distance Triathlon, you're in for a treat with this post.  I thought it would be cool to take a video of Katie as she came up from the swim exit, then post it to Facebook so that all her adoring fans could get a live update of her progress.  Well, I failed on the "upload to Facebook" post because my phone will upload photos to Facebook, but not videos.  Strange.

Minor technical difficulties aside, readers of this blog will be treated to the world premiere of the video.  Feast your eyes on this gem, and I suggest watching it using the play-by-play I provide below the video.




0:00 − 0:07  With the fantastic lighting, here is Katie running up from the beach.  You even get to see her turn around to look for her wallet.

0:08 − 0:12  Instead of me doing the expected thing of hitting the "stop recording" button, we've started looking down at my sweatshirt and the sand below my feet as I begin to run up to watch Katie in transition.

0:12 − 0:20  Here's a close-up of my hand.  I'd say my skin is in pretty good shape, but I should probably moisturize.

0:20 − 0:30  Now, you're taking a journey inside the pocket of my "Bi-Peninsular and Proud" hoodie.  Get your own at Michigan Awesome and show off your Great Lakes State pride.

0:30 − 0:45  I've added some cool visual effects here.  There is a fence surrounding the transition area, and you can see its silhouette from the sun shining through it.

0:45 − 0:53  I then tell Katie's dad that I would head up to where the bike course starts, and then I start moving in that direction.

0:53 − 0:59  Oh wait, this thing is still recording?  Well, here are my fingers again.  Sadly, I end the video here.


If you need someone to videotape your special event, I do birthday parties, weddings, Polka shows, bar mitzvahs, and liturgical dances.  I expect to be fed (buffets are a good choice), and I don't work with animals.

I can already envision my speech.  "I'd like to thank the Academy…"

2 comments:

Andrew Opala said...

LOL - great post - very exciting.

I like the spiderman-effect on about 99.2% of the video!

Johann said...

Really good! I enjoyed that. I must still do my first video post.

Related Posts with Thumbnails