Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Liberation

Dear Nike+iPod,

I want a divorce. We've been together for 10 months and 240 miles. But it's over. Things started off grand for us. You helped me get back into running. You told me how far I went each day and when to turn around. You even brought Lance Armstrong and Paula Radcliffe along with us on occasion.

But it's over. You see, I'm tired of the voices in my head. I don't enjoy having more wires wrapped around me than there are in Radio Shack. My arm is sick of the armband. My pace is all messed up. And I've missed one of the best things about running outdoors--the outdoors.

You should also know that I've found someone new--a "friend with benefits" if you will. It's name is Nike+Sportband. Yes, it's your cousin. I'm sorry, but it's just so much more compact. It tells me everything thing I need to know, and nothing I don't. To any outsider, it's just a watch, but to me, it means freedom.

I wish you well. I hope you find someone new.

Sincerely,

Matt


TC Marathon Countdown: 60 days


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails