Saturday, October 18, 2008

8 miles

Alright, so today was my LSD.  I mapped out a route that would be challenging so that I learn to regulate my pace better.  As it turns out, the route was slightly longer than 8 miles.  I ran down one side of the Mississippi and back up the other, and was it ever beautiful.  Sadly, Minneapolis and St. Paul have turned off the drinking fountains along the route for the winter, so no water en route for me.  

It felt good to go a long distance, even for as tough as it was.  One of the downsides of the route I took was that it was a paved walkway almost the whole way.  I tried to run on the sides of the path as much as possible, but it feels like I may have done a number on my right ankle.  I'll take it easy tomorrow and I might just go to the track and calibrate the Nike gizmo.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails