Thursday, April 14, 2011

Not Knowing Where We Land

Minnesota had always just been "another place on the map", a place full of people who must be crazy enough to live in the Arctic.  Moving here 3 years ago, I had no real connection to the state, and there was no way it could compete with the Land Shaped Like a Hand.  My, my, how wrong I was.

I can remember the first time I went for a run in Minnesota.  The previous weekend I had watched a friend run the Twin Cities Marathon.  I said to myself: "If Kelli can run a marathon, I can certainly find the motivation to run to Summit and back."  So, I ran to Summit, ran down Summit a bit, then turned around and went home.  Result: 2 miles.  The rest is history, I suppose.

I've really come to love Minnesota.  My days here, though, have become limited.  I've accepted a job offer with a major auto company, and will be moving back to my home state of Michigan.  The details are cloudy right now, but there will be some big changes.  Even though I ran for many years in Michigan, it was part of a team, and I know very little about races, or places to run outside of Harper Woods.  I'll be giving up some of my favorite races around here.  And I'll need a new blog title (Detroit Runner is taken).

Over the next few weeks, this blog will evolve into it's next incarnation—whatever that may be.  Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

NOOOOOO! Is this another April fools joke that I didn't pick up on?

Seriously, congratulations on the new gig. MN will miss you.

Matt said...

Sadly, not an April Fools joke. I think I'll be making some MN races "destination races" in the future, though.

Related Posts with Thumbnails