Monday, April 12, 2010

Vote for Me and Help Me Win Some Gear

Friends, I humbly implore you lend a hand in my direction.  I'm entered into a contest on another blog, where the goal is to find most fashion-backward athlete.  I've got some particularly geeky photos entered of me wearing my Speed of Light shirt*.  Here is an example:

I'm "blue shifted"

If I win (or get in the top 3), I'll win some cool triathlon/running/cycling gear, which will help me as I begin to try triathlons.  So, I'd love your vote.  Here's how to do it:

  1. Go to this link: http://iwannagetphysical.blogspot.com/2010/04/vote-for-best-fashion-forward-your.html
  2. Scroll down to the bottom of the post and vote for "Lightning McCuen: Freaky Geeky"
That's all there is to it.  You don't have to register with the site or give your email address—just vote.

Special thanks to Katie for entering me, and to Mrs. Vaught for making me the fantastically awesome Speed of Light shirt so many years ago.

*The Speed of Light shirt is a magical shirt that makes it look like the runner is running at the speed of light.  From physics, if an object is traveling away from you at the speed of light, it will appear red (hence, "red shifted").  Conversely, if the object is traveling toward you at the speed of light, it will look blue (blue shifted).  So, when I wear the Speed of Light shirt, it appears as though I'm traveling at the speed of light.  See, isn't that geeky enough to merit your vote?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails