Monday, November 23, 2009

How I Left For Work Wearing Mismatched Shoes

This morning, I left my apartment a little earlier so I could swing by the recycling bins and drop off some old magazines.  I did that, and began to walk along the train tracks because that was the shortest way to the bus.  I became worried that the ground would get muddy, so I looked down, and this is what I saw:



Yup, I mixed up my old running shoes (the dirty one on the left) with my new ones (the clean, geeky one on the right).  They don't look that different in the picture, but the camera flash hides the differences.  They are noticeably different in person.  Since I didn't have a lot of time, I seriously considered just going to work like this, but I relented, and sprinted 50 yards back to my apartment carrying my lunchbox, dashed up the stairs, changed my shoe, and speedwalked to the bus.  What a start to the day...

1 comment:

Katie said...

I seriously hope you re-enacted for this photo tonight, rather than stopped to take a picture this morning... And how is a clean shoe "geeky"?

Related Posts with Thumbnails